Microsoft has announced Windows Server 2012 R2 – a preview is available for Technet Users and the expected full version will be around the end of this year.
Server 2012 R2 brings some exciting features which are listed below:
1. Automated Tiering – Allows the system to cache most frequent accessed files on the best available storage such as SSD and file the rest on normal hard drives.
2. Storage and Networking is being made better since its the very foundation.
3. VDH De-duplication is the most awaited feature I guess since it will help Organisation save on VHD space.
4. Live Migration takes less time when migrating VMs with compress and de-compress.
5. Windows Server 2012 is more focused on Cloud Technology…
So grab a copy now and start experiencing…